Art Wolfe's Thoughts on pre-visualizing photographs

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Art Wolfe's Thoughts on pre-visualizing photographs

Postby Mahesh Devarajan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:50 pm

http://prints.artwolfe.com/index.php#p=-1&a=-1&at=0

Nice thoughts about how he connects his painting background with photography
Mahesh Devarajan

Re: Art Wolfe's Thoughts on pre-visualizing photographs

Postby Mahesh Devarajan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:00 pm

If the above link does not go to the video directly go to the "about" section in the bottom left corner of the page to be directed to the video.
Mahesh Devarajan

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 am

Mahesh Devarajan wrote:If the above link does not go to the video directly go to the "about" section in the bottom left corner of the page to be directed to the video.

Thanks Mahesh for the link ! I am sure several of us share similar philosophy towards our own way of seeing and our own way of photographing. To me the intriguing comment he made is leveraging others ideas (may be painting in this case) and adopting it in our composition to "create" new images. I think it is possible but tough to remain original that way !
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby AratiRao » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 am

I came across this yesterday. his work, his thoughts have made me go back and think deeply. yes, especially that comment on "seeing the inception of a new idea and take it on your own journey." that is huge. and when one slows down and deliberates on the skill, on the art - it really makes it more meaningful to oneself (at least for me :))

it also reminded me of what Nilanjan-da said about studying several photographers and art works...

very nice lead, this. thanks mahesh!
A
AratiRao

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography