Seeing

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Pramod Viswanath, Vijay Mohan Raj, Shankar Kiragi, Shivakumar L Narayan

Seeing

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:57 pm

During recent past I have been photographing people with a focus on portraying their emotions, beliefs, relations (or lack there of) among other facets of life. When I was staring through those images most of them appeared very similar to the abstract images of nature I have been making. So, I decided to blend them together, nature and people to create another abstract. I think this shows we photograph what is inside, not what is outside!

blend9.jpg
blend9.jpg (352.02 KiB) Viewed 6476 times

Here is a short series of images.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Personal Websites Fine Art Nature Photography | www.ArtOfLife.Gallery
Facebook Pages Ganesh H. Shankar | Fine Art Nature Photography | Art Of Life
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Seeing

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:14 am

Ganesh, first of all thanks for this series. I'm not sure whether I'm qualified enough to comment on this.

When I saw this I had some unexplainable feeling. It's a new thing to me. It reminded me of Adithya's haunting series, but still this is so different. I'm amazed at how you've drawn the parallels between nature & human images.
Am I happy looking at the series? not sure, am I sad? not sure, do I like the series? a big yes. Should I critique? why. Should I try to understand emotions behind these? yes. Am I able to? I think I need to spend more time with these images. May be staring at it for a longer time, may be printed large versions. Will I be able to understand the artist's point of view? should I really try that or should I let my own imagination help me read the emotions of the images.

Not sure on so many things. Many more thoughts/questions flowing through my mind. I think it requires lot of time for me to understand these images.

Ganesh, thanks for this thought provoking series.
Best regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Thanks, Prashanth..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Personal Websites Fine Art Nature Photography | www.ArtOfLife.Gallery
Facebook Pages Ganesh H. Shankar | Fine Art Nature Photography | Art Of Life
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Jagadeesh Rampam » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Firstly, Prasanth, Thanks for buying me the words!! :) Really had the same feeling but not sure how to frame in the words and you've done a great job with it!

As usual, masterpiece from master like always! Really.. Ganesh, happy to be part of CNP community and learning the art of light and where I am realising day-to-day about infinite possibilities of expressing! No more words..! Take a bow, master..!! :)
CEO & Founder, wilderhood.com
Jagadeesh Rampam

Postby Rajkumar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:27 pm

This approach definitely heightens the layers of meaning and gives more incisive expression. Wonderful series. Given the flexibility of the digital medium I would say way to go
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography