Seeing

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Seeing

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:57 pm

During recent past I have been photographing people with a focus on portraying their emotions, beliefs, relations (or lack there of) among other facets of life. When I was staring through those images most of them appeared very similar to the abstract images of nature I have been making. So, I decided to blend them together, nature and people to create another abstract. I think this shows we photograph what is inside, not what is outside!

blend9.jpg
blend9.jpg (352.02 KiB) Viewed 12988 times

Here is a short series of images.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Seeing

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:14 am

Ganesh, first of all thanks for this series. I'm not sure whether I'm qualified enough to comment on this.

When I saw this I had some unexplainable feeling. It's a new thing to me. It reminded me of Adithya's haunting series, but still this is so different. I'm amazed at how you've drawn the parallels between nature & human images.
Am I happy looking at the series? not sure, am I sad? not sure, do I like the series? a big yes. Should I critique? why. Should I try to understand emotions behind these? yes. Am I able to? I think I need to spend more time with these images. May be staring at it for a longer time, may be printed large versions. Will I be able to understand the artist's point of view? should I really try that or should I let my own imagination help me read the emotions of the images.

Not sure on so many things. Many more thoughts/questions flowing through my mind. I think it requires lot of time for me to understand these images.

Ganesh, thanks for this thought provoking series.
Best regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Thanks, Prashanth..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Jagadeesh Rampam » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Firstly, Prasanth, Thanks for buying me the words!! :) Really had the same feeling but not sure how to frame in the words and you've done a great job with it!

As usual, masterpiece from master like always! Really.. Ganesh, happy to be part of CNP community and learning the art of light and where I am realising day-to-day about infinite possibilities of expressing! No more words..! Take a bow, master..!! :)
CEO & Founder, wilderhood.com
Jagadeesh Rampam

Postby Rajkumar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:27 pm

This approach definitely heightens the layers of meaning and gives more incisive expression. Wonderful series. Given the flexibility of the digital medium I would say way to go
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography