Announcement: NEW CNP!!

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Announcement: NEW CNP!!

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Dear Friends,

The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change - Heraclitus

Here it goes for CNP too!

For those who are not aware CNP was founded by some of us passionate nature photographers who wanted to question status quo in nature photography, back in 2008, ten years ago. It has been a great journey so far in terms of sharing of our unique images, thoughts behind them, learning from other art forms, music, painting etc. CNP has been a non-commercial school of like minded photographers. All of us have enriched our photographic skills and visions. The platform as such provided a strong ground for fearless experimentation. At times it is said that if an image is blurred then post it on CNP. We too enjoyed those jokes and moved on. We knew for sure what we were doing. Today, it feels so good to see some of our members standing up proudly in national and international podiums as accomplished photographers. We have come long way.

That said, photography as an art form has been undergoing rapid changes. We need new bold experiments, new visions to take it to the next level. During the last CNP meet we have decided that it is the time to bring in fresh new team to lead the CNP School of Photography to the next level. Based on the discussion we had, it was decided to form a small focused team who are passionate to share some of their personal time to this non-commercial cause. It is our great pleasure to announce the

New CNP Team!

We are sure, with all your support the new team lead by Nevil Zaveri, Adithya Biloor, Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash SS, Saurabh Desai, Madhav Jois and Vikas TR will enable great new experiences and learning.

Please welcome the new team!! The current team will continue to provide the needed support to make the new team and the platform successful.

We are also delighted to announce several changes to the CNP website. Let me share a few technical updates. The rest will be shared by the new team as we move forward.

1. We have made some fundamental changes to CNP website with the main focus on making it mobile and smaller device friendly. Today we enjoy very good search ranking in Google search. We don't want to see this diluted as Google aggressively rolls out Mobile First Indexing. We were failing Google's Mobile Friendly Test. We have made some significant changes to landing front page and a few changes to inner pages. Happy to say we now pass the test. If you browse CNP website from your mobile phone you will know what I am talking about. You also may note that thumbnail sizes and rest of texts optimally get resized and placed differently for different devices. We have tested the site so far on many devices - from smaller phones to large desktop displays. This includes iPhones, Androids, iPads and other different tablets and laptop.

As more and more of photography gets consumed on smaller devices it will help CNP provide better experience to people and help retain the Google's search ranking we enjoy today.

2. Based on the suggestion from the new team we are merging Creative Nature Photography and Fine Art Gallery into one gallery - Creative and Fine Art Nature Photography Gallery.

3. Based on the suggestion from new team we now have two more galleries to experiment with - Monthly Themes and Nature as Art galleries. Please stay tuned to further communication from the new team. Posting guidelines link has been updated. The new team will share the monthly themes and further communications related to it.

4. The CNP site is fully secure now! Please bookmark the new link below. Use https:// instead of http://

New Secured CNP Site.

Please take your time to browse and enjoy the new website.

I personally thank you all for the great support!

With this the first chapter comes to an end. A great new journey begins!!

Let us all join our hands to welcome and support Nevil and the new team!! I hope this does not sound like a parting message :)

I will be looking forward to actively participate as usual (probably with a greater rigour). Shiv and me will support the new team achieve their visions for the platform and to take us in a enjoyable and rewarding journey ahead!

Needless to say we all need your continued support as we embark on the next exciting journey.

THANK YOU ALL, from bottom of my heart!!
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Announcement: NEW CNP!!

Postby dinesh.ramarao » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 am

Thank you Ganesh for everything,
what else can I say?

Best wishes to CNP 2.0
-RD
- RD
dinesh.ramarao

Postby Adithya Biloor » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Dear all,

Personally it is an honor to be part of the team. We have a path which is built and used by the likes of Ganesh, Nirlep, RD and others. We are here to join with all of you to build this road further of which the destination is unknown. For us CNP always stood for teamwork, and we will work keeping that spirit as our agenda.

We don't know how the roads will be, but will put our sincere effort to make this beautiful and strong.

Hope to see more photos and critiques.

Thank you,
Adithya Biloor
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 am

Dear Friends,

It was totally unexpected surprise, when I was asked about to be part of this new Team. I feel honoured with the highest award one can have and will have to learn a lot n work a lot to make it more deserving! I am very much excited looking forward to new experiments n possibilities and much nervous thinking about maintaining the same spirit n standard that we lived with, these many years. I promise to do my best possible with support of all members, my Team n guidance from the masters. From bottom of my heart, I thank Ganesh, Nirlep, RD, Ramesh, Raj, Adithya & all the torch bearers of CNP for giving this opportunity, seeing possibilities in me.

Warm Regards.
Nevil Zaveri

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography