CNP Meet - 2016 : Suggestions

This forum is dedicated for discussions related to features of CNP. All suggestions are welcome!! We may not be able address all of them nevertheless.

Moderators: Madhav Jois, Vikas T R, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N

CNP Meet - 2016 : Suggestions

Postby dinesh.ramarao » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Dear CNPians,

Please use this thread for your suggestions on activities that would benefit others.
Kindly note that we would have about 2-3 hrs of time to fill in.

regards,
-RD
- RD
dinesh.ramarao

Re: CNP Meet - 2016 : Suggestions

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Dear CNPpians,

While we have some minimal agenda in mind (like print exhibition at the venue) please feel free to share your thoughts on what will make your time worth at the meet.

No promise to meet them all, if possible we will be glad to accommodate them. Please share your thoughts.
Morning hours and evening hours are reserved for creative photography :) Noon/After sunset is reserved for discussions etc.

On a lighter note, I remember Shankar Kiragi mentioning about concentration camp during the last meet a few years ago - No, it will not be one :) :)
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Great that we have the much anticipated CNP Meet coming up. Eagerly look forward to it.

Here's an idea/suggestion: All of us pool in questions related to our field of interest, creative nature photography. Questions can relate to art, creativity, visualisation, nature, subjects, lighting, tools & techniques, and so on. Once the questions are collected, we then throw them open to all. Participants pick a question, do their research on it and prepare a response. They present their response at the meet. Thoughts? Doable?
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Ramesh, I think it is a good idea! May be we need to curate a set of questions/topics which may have larger interest. May be we can also pick a few which may be useful to some our very young members, if some of them make it to the meet.

I think you are the right person to moderate and conduct this session. Do I have the privilege to nominate you? :)
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 pm

I suggest a topic for a debate.

What next in nature photography?

I think most of the images that we see today appears very familiar. Be it images published in national/international nature photography magazines, results of major nature photography contests, most of them appear very very familiar. How many new perspective have you seen during last one month? Do you remember any of them? Agree?

Where are the new visions? During last seven years we as a small forum have explored very different avenues and made some memorable images. This includes remote triggered images of birds and mammals, different research and visions in monotones, moody images which evoke feelings using blurs, motion blurs, colors, forms, shapes, patterns (mostly restricted to beautiful and sad), played enough with lighting, different flash techniques, star trails, stereographic projections, wide angle macros, relating nature photography to other art forms and attempting apply some of those in our own visions. I think we as a small group have made a very compelling, bold and very new visuals during last 7 years. You may just keep refreshing this page to see some of the compelling images you have created in the past (sorry, we have not updated this for quite some time now).

However are we getting saturated? What next? I think the road blocks are artificial. Is it time to go bolder further? What does that mean?

I believe we have a ocean of new ideas to explore. I don't know what those are. We will not be able to arrive at a process to discover them. Do you think a discussion is worth?
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby abhijit madangeri » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:56 am

Great news!!!
Photo exhibition is a good idea.
I think many will be looking forward to listen to the experienced CNPians whom we look up to. So a couple of topics can be taken up by Ganesh, RD or others on their approach and mindset when creating images.
Also, if we are looking forward for some fun time, can we arrange a group activity. Based on the number of participants we split into groups, then each group gets 2 hours to come up with a photo story which has to be created on the spot. The best and most creative team wins :)
abhijit madangeri

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi Abhijit, We can think of giving talks but I think group discussion may be better so that everyone participates. May be everyone can share their approach/mindset.
Contest is interesting, more so if every team is given similar same 100ftx100ft area to make images in batches! :)
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Rajkumar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 am

Welcome initiative. Thanks guys.
Some thoughts from my side.
A photograph is probably a point in time manifestation of a inner journey / way of looking at the world / sources of inspiration.

So for one session suppose we spend time on the journey instead of the photograph. People can share paintings , poems, essays, music that inspire them as artists.
I agree may not be the easiest things to do but a valuable self search and sharing ?
thoughts ?
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Postby swapnil19 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:47 pm

I was actually waiting for this meet., a heartfelt thanks for the initiative.
I totally agree with Rajkumar sir about his thoughts about sharing of poems ,essays and paintings...
To add to this , I remember Ganesh used to associate some beautiful music to his soulful creations. We also had a little discussion on the same on cnp.
In this meet ,I would like to Have a little more insight on the same.. may be a slideshow of music and pics may be if possible? Must be tough , but incase ..

Also I feel , Its sometimes more important to know the "why" behind making images than "how" .. That is where how we perceive the world to be and go on that path.. It would be nice to hear thoughts about this and will be a valuable source of inspirations for us.

thanks
Swapnil Deshpande
Swapnil Deshpande
http://​swades1986.blogspot.i​n/
swapnil19

Postby abhijit madangeri » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Ganesh Sir, not a long one but just 20-30 mins by 2-3 CNPians spread across 3 days. :D
Examples:
By Raviprakash on his award winning image.
By you about your mindset and approach while creating an image.
RD about 'Art of Clutter' :)
abhijit madangeri

Postby Rajkumar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:06 am

taking a cue from Ganesh's recent comment another topic of discussion could be " Various ways to present a picture to create a visual and sensory experience for a viewer"
for example some people believe that their prints have to be held in hand by the viewer and looked at as a personal experience .
just a thought may be out of line with the meets objectives ?
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Postby swapnil19 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Talking about prints, I would request the seniors to shed some light on fineart printing. I have only heard about this some terms like hahnemuhle paper on some comments on pics but haven't seen, or processed pic for the same.
Would be very helpful for all if a brief 30 min is kept on this

Thanks so much
Swapnil
Swapnil Deshpande
http://​swades1986.blogspot.i​n/
swapnil19

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 am

Please pour in your suggestions, we will consolidate them all and make a schedule...
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:47 am

Dear CNPians,

How about? If all participants bring 2-3 fav images of their 4-5 fav non-CNPian nature(?) photographers, that may click some new idea/concept/vision/technique for our future work. A line or two about each image/photographer shall also enrich our minds and help in initiating new discussion/direction!

Thank you. Regards.
Nevil
Nevil Zaveri

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:07 am

Very good idea, Nevil!! Do you think we should restrict ourselves while choosing such photographers to those practicing only nature as their genre? I probably think there is a lot to learn from all genres. Will we dilute the discussion if we do so? Would love to know your and other members' thoughts.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:59 am

I completely agree with you, Ganesh, on allowing various genre. I think, any genre with touch of nature would be fine, otherwise the discussion may end-up in completely different direction!? (though, I don't mind at all). I feel, other participants' suggestion will help to decide further.

Regards.
Nevil Zaveri

Return to Your Views and Suggestions to Improve CNP