"Life - Death" - Simpler and Better?

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

"Life - Death" - Simpler and Better?

Postby Ashwini Kumar Bhat » Mon May 04, 2015 11:19 pm

May be a square crop would help to convey the impact better.

What do you guys say?

original is here:

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=16&image_id=10774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

image_id: 10774
Attachments
Life_Death.JPG
Life_Death.JPG (136.38 KiB) Viewed 7328 times
Cheers,
Ashwini Kumar Bhat
---------------------------
My scribblings | My Portfolio
Ashwini Kumar Bhat

Re: "Life - Death" - Simpler and Better?

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Tue May 05, 2015 10:39 am

Ashwini, square crop definitely brings the dead to forefront and removes the distractions on RHS. On the downside, this crop further reduces the separation between the tree in BG and the stump in FG, and hogs all the attention. I would have preferred a bit more separation between the two, may be a diagonal placement? My 2 cents.
ramesh_adkoli

Re: "Life - Death" - Simpler and Better?

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Tue May 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Agree with Ramesh's views Ashwin. This is where TS lens helps! Using say 24mm TS you can balance the weight between foreground and background (by selective focussing, yet including it all which might provided needed context). Definition (or lack of it) is a powerful attribute to control visual contours..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Illustration Forum