cropped 'custard mapple'

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

cropped 'custard mapple'

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:00 pm

dear friends,

cmaplec.jpg
cropped version
cmaplec.jpg (201.02 KiB) Viewed 3145 times

herewith, i have upload the cropped version of originally posted gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1&image_id=3555" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as there can be more than one answer to a problem, this one too look wonderful and much stable. its just very simple and possibly anyone would have done that way ... whereas the original one is just my way of seeing.

that was great learning session for probably all of us. thanks once again. regards.
nevil
Nevil Zaveri

Re: cropped 'custard mapple'

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Nevil,

Looks like we had an interesting discussion here. I agree with you and respect your thoughts on -

"- i included these little white patches to make this simpler image, more complex"

And the inclusion of white spaces exactly did that.

However, I still think the pattern at the center seem to compete a bit with the white space spaces at the edges in the original image. But that is just me. Of course you are better of going with your reasons and tastes. If everyone agrees with everyone else life will be so boring I guess :)

It may be noted here that there is a famous study by George Miller on processing capacity of human mind which is limited to seven plus or minus two objects at a time. You can read more about it here.. In general I think human mind does not like lots of complexity. Probably I belong 7-2 category instead of 7+2 :)

I think discussions like this adds a lot for learning and improving our visions. Thanks for starting this thread..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Illustration Forum