Nature of Nature

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Nature of Nature

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:32 pm

I have taken the word 'Nature" for granted and called myself a "Nature Photographer" - one who photographs Nature!! (as if 'Nature' is sitting there posing for me)

How funny is this title - "Nature Photographer"!! or even the phrase "Nature Photography".

What I thought was "Science" is really 'the Art'. What I thought as "Art" are just "opinions" or expressions of survival.

Attached are couple of very short videos for you to ponder over and relate to "Nature" in "Nature Photography".

So, what then is "Nature Photography"? In particular, "Nature" in Nature Photography?

Sorry, in all humbleness, I have no clue!!
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Nature of Nature

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:42 am

Dear Ganesh,

Thanks for sharing it here. Very intense and philosophical. Nature is so much complex yet so beautiful. A very humbling feeling after listening to the video.
It hit me hard when he mentions "it's there all the time and only when you tune in you get to hear" and "it's better to wonder about the unknown than knowing the answer". So so true.

Best regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography