About Framing Images

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

About Framing Images

Postby Nilanjan Das » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:13 pm

I wish to know more out of academic interest that why squarish frames are not considered proper ? Any known reasons for this ? We see all the time, working on fixed aspect ratios of frames where we have defined strong point zones etc. But creative aspects also means that keeping majority of the factors constant we try to break one or few rules and sometimes all rules if the photographer is technically very sound and knows how to break. Though my perception of creativity is not bound by techniques, ( technical funda being not so good ) its some thing close to my heart and if I am able to see differently and represent. I personally like squarish frames, specially for tight crops but not very appreciated. Do squarish frames limit our visual ability or change the perception of a subject or I am too creative about frames and not the image :lol: ? All inputs would be appreciated. There must be a reason as squarish frames are not widely used at all.
Nilanjan Das

Re: About Framing Images

Postby Finalshot » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:19 am

square is very traditional and some publications still use it. If you like it use it, it can be very powerful. . .
Finalshot

Re: About Framing Images

Postby krishnan v » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Interesting observations on framing here ( although this is with regard to printing )

http://www.naturescapes.net/032008/ec0308.htm
Best Regards
---Krish
http://www.krishphoto.com
krishnan v

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography