Monsoon Magic - Share your images !!

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Monsoon Magic - Share your images !!

Postby CNP Staff » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:07 am

Monsoon brings a huge change in nature. Lush green colors, streams, rivers and different life forms celebrating the season.

Here is a theme for you to share your unique color images of the nature !!

Looking forward to see your stunning creations !

Probably we can make a monsoon magic series after couple of months.
Regards,
CNP Staff
CNP Staff

Re: Monsoon Magic - Share your images !!

Postby Vijay Mohan Raj » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:54 am

Hi All,

For the first time we have initiated a theme based posting. The Indian monsoon is a celebration of nature and a little focus on this theme will yield some amazing celebratory images. This is mainly aimed at focusing on creations of color.

We feel a little deviation from the regular b/w and abstracts from members should be the right recipe to splash CNP with color.

Vijay Mohan Raj
A creative mind is a restless soul...
Vijay Mohan Raj

Postby AratiRao » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 am

This is a lovely idea. And to specify "color" makes it all the more interesting!
The only thing is... where is the monsoon? :)

in marathi they chant:
येरे येरे पावसा, तुला देतो पैसा
पैसा झाला खोटा, पाऊस आला मोठा
ये ग ये ग सरी, माझे मडके भरी
सर आली धाउन,
मडके गेले वाहुन!

Rain rain, come here, I'll give you a coin
The coin turned out to be fake,
And the rain came down heavily,
Shower (of rain), come here, fill my pots for me
The shower came running,
And my pots were washed away!
:) as a chant for calling the rain! maybe we should allll chant together.
AratiRao

Postby Nilanjan Das » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 am

This is actually a great theme, monsoon and nature could be the most romantic combination and yet we get to see the least of images in that theme. We are still burning here in Kolkata, no rains and no trace of monsoon as well, even the heart feels so dry when I look out of the window :-). This idea of monsoon brings another idea to my mind....if the mods decide to carry on CNP meet every year, can we have the meet in different seasons in different years ? We already had one in winter, we could try one in monsoon, one in summer etc, different places too, from snow capped mountains to the dense lushes of North East and Western Ghats...possible ?? :-)
Nilanjan Das

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:18 am

For some of us city dwellers Monsoon mean 'cloudy sky' (at least in Bangalore) :) Hopefully we will see some good rains this year.

Nilanjan, CNP Meet at different places at different times is an interesting proposal. One of the challenge though is most of our members do something else for living and all they have to spare is Saturday and/or Sunday (at best) :) Interestingly majority of nature photographers live in Bangalore. So we had to choose the venue close to Bangalore for the last meet. Choosing Western Ghats is always possible I guess :)

Here is the data for last 30 days (CNP visitors from different places in India (top10) ) -

traffic.png
traffic.png (53.87 KiB) Viewed 7396 times
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography