Come, Let us Fail !

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Come, Let us Fail !

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Friends,

Yes, you guessed it right, there is a context behind the title of this thread.

We are almost completing 5 years as a small family of fanatic nature photographers focussed on creativity and art. It feels so satisfying to look back at our journey so far and the incredible path we have traversed. During last 5 years we have seen about 8450 images (i.e, about 4/5 images/day on an average), not much compared general photo forums due to the very narrow focus we have. However, we have seen some of the incredibly unique creations and works of art. Our Art Gallery showcases some of those wonderful creations we all have made during last five years. Each one of them is very unique and memorable. However, now we have a real challenge infront of us. Those 8450 unique images covered lots of unique visions! We now have slowly started seeing repetitions. What was unique an year back is no longer unique.

Where will we go from here ? Our paths are getting narrower and narrower. I think time has come for doing a deep introspection and listen to our heart to find our own uninfluenced ways. Fresh, novel visions are a joy to watch. In this challenging journey we will fail several times for sure. I think we now have enough courage to fail! We will leave behind the world that will laugh at our failures. We know for sure our constitution (vision) is unique and strong. Our failures will be our stepping stones towards incredible new visuals that we all will create in years to come. We will help each other during our failures in this challenging next leg towards fresh new visions ! Each one of us are born unique, let us listen to our heart and try expressing those uninfluenced visions! Victory will be ours for sure.

Not everyone will like our creations, not everyone need to. Let us not get scared.

Come, Let us Fail !

Show us your uninfluenced visions !!

You may listen to (just 2 minutes) this confidence boosting words by Helen Frankenthaler.

Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Come, Let us Fail !

Postby nirlep » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi Ganesh,
You are spot on when you say Come, Let us fail ! Admitting failure in any endeavour is really liberating for it allows you to break free of the urge to "succeed". The urge to succeed sometimes makes us go into overdrive, trying too hard and overlooking what is truly our calling or what we resonate with when looking at nature. For a while it will be refreshing to put behind meaning and art and respond purely to instincts. The pleasure lies in discovering that instinct. In my opinion it would begin with gradual unlearning. Meaning often bogs us down. Instinct is uplifting, light and instant..like tapping our feet or getting lost while listening to music.. . "all arts approach music.." like someone said it's time to find music in what we click.
nirlep

Postby AratiRao » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 am

This might come from left field, but is something i have strongly seen in my own work, and have come to believe in.
i believe the best art, the most honest art, and the most basic manifestation of soul comes with wei, wu wei.
Action, without action.

To forego the ego, the "I" and the consciousness of self, and to immerse and let-be, to allow and surrender, to create without regard to the result?

That type of art speaks for itself.

There is no way to practice wei, wu wei. It is simply "creative quietude." It also does not mean dulling of the senses, rather such a heightened awareness of every single thing and the interactions between them, their interdependencies, that "mind" disappears and you immerse yourself fully to allow - a sort of advaita. [funny how close Tao teaching is, in many ways to the Upanishads]

It takes a lot of courage to let the ego go (cannot strive for this - that itself is against the notion!) ... but maybe some of the best works have been produced in this state.
AratiRao

Postby Rajkumar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography