3rd Print Sharing Session

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

3rd Print Sharing Session

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 am

Dear CNPians,

We will have the next print sharing session in the middle of Jun 2019 (tentatively 15 Jun weekend). Details on exact date and venue will follow later on.

We have couple of months to make prints and get ready for the session. Look forward to your active participation...

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Re: 3rd Print Sharing Session

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Thanks, Ramesh. Looking forward to the next meet!!

I may have a few prints to be made. I will try to get them printed.

Friends, looking forward to see you all.

Your images deserve to be printed! Give it a try, it is a different joy altogether..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Thanks Ramesh.

Why not have this meet this time in Adithya's place, so that we (I &Adithya) poor souls get a chance to interact with you all And more over it'll be ideal to visit Adithya's place for monsoon images.

BTW, it was RD's suggestion.

Adithya, can we make this work out?

Regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Adithya Biloor » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 am

Prashanth,

That would be great. I am in, if this is Okay for everyone.

Adithya
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Prashant/Adithya/RD, wouldn't it be better if it is a bit later in the monsoon to meet at Simha Farms? Having gone the distance, we want to shoot as well. We can consider this option for the Jul-Sep quarter meet?

Let me know what others think...

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:26 am

Ramesh,

You can visit again:)

June is not a bad time, just a week of rains is good enough to change the landscape. We can also have this meet in August-September as well. But only condition is you've to get all of your prints :)

Regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Tharangini B » Tue May 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Dear All,
Simha farms sounds so tempting to visit but since I will be back only towards end of June, I may unfortunately miss the next print meet if it is around mid June. But if the dates are anytime later, I would love to attend the meet again in Bangalore or in Simha farms where ever it is ...:)
Tharangini B

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:23 am

Friends,

Let us meet this Saturday, 15 Jun 2019 at 2:30PM. We will meet in Jayanagar (Prahanth/Adithya, we will take a rain check for meeting at Simha Farms). The venue is Sensei Technologies, 359, 16th Main, 34th Cross, Jayanagar 4T Block. You should be able to locate it on Google Maps. Please let me know if you need help in directions to the place.

In addition to review of prints, this time we will spend sometime on how to present a print. A finished print is the one that can be hung on a wall. The choices we make in framing a print can make a big difference on the impact it has on the viewer. I have requested a friend of mine who works at a framing shop to join for an hour. He will share his experience as well as show various options in framing.

I will bring a few framed prints. If others can bring framed prints, it will help.

Looking forward to active participation...

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Ramesh, thanks for the follow-up. These meets have been immensely useful. Presentation is an important aspect of print making. Looking forward to session. Raj mentioned about inviting his friend who does B&W traditional prints. I think it will be very interesting too, to compare traditional prints with digital inkjet media.

Looking forward to the meet!
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi Ganesh,

Raj and I discussed about that. We felt including both in one session will be too much, as we also want intense discussions on prints. Hence, we didn't include it this time around. We will have a session with Sabir in a future meeting.

My friend, Vaman Pai who is coming over to talk about framing is also an accomplished painter. He paints both watercolour and oil. His abstracts are outstanding. If time permits, we can pick his brain on his art form too.

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Dear Ramesh,

I'll be there for tomorrow's meet to update you all about rains in our region ;) Also to invite you all on behalf of Adithya to Simha farms, @Adithya, I took the liberty without even asking you.

I'll bring in few of my prints as well. Hoping to have a great learning from you all. Raghu might join in.

Regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 pm

That's fantastic, Prashanth. Great to have you at the meeting.
ramesh_adkoli

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Friends,

Closest metro station to Sensei Technologies office is Jayanagar on green line. About 1.2KM away.

We will be meeting in a conference room on 3rd floor. Please take the stairs or lift to 2nd floor and walk up to third floor. Door to 3rd floor is locked. Either knock or call me.

Parking is on road. Park either on 16th Main or 34th cross.

See you all there at 2:30PM tomorrow.

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Friends,

Just to inform you all, if you are interested in seeing the prints please be there. There is no restriction that you've to have a print to be part of this meet. From my previous experiences, I can tell you these interactive sessions are much more valuable than any paid workshops. You'll have to see the prints to know their values.

Regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Friends,

It was a great meet today.

Thanks, Ramesh for introducing Vaman Pai to us. It was a nice learning about framing and presentation of images. Framing, type of frames, canvas wraps, what might look good with what frames, color of the frames, width of frames, mat .. so many parameters to consider while presenting. It was very revealing.

Prashanth and Ramesh, thanks for sharing your prints and learning. Ramesh, please convey our thanks to your friend, Mr. Vaman Pai. Please share his contact details here. It might help some of us to consult him for presentation suggestions/framing etc.

It was a great meet!

It was decided that next three meetings (3/6/9 months from now) will be hosted by Raj, Shankar Kiragi and RD respectively.

Madhav/Vikas, can you please help co-ordinate/plan these meets?

Looking forward to the future meets.

IMG_0928.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg (549.53 KiB) Viewed 47907 times

IMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0933.jpg (458.5 KiB) Viewed 47907 times

IMG_0934.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg (433.6 KiB) Viewed 47907 times

IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0922.jpg (670.04 KiB) Viewed 47907 times
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am

Dear All,

Thanks for this meet, it was very insightful. Thanks Ramesh for the meet and the place also for introducing Vaman Pai.

Before this I was worried only about how it's processed and printed but realized the importance of choice of frame and the border etc. Now that so much more to focus before even deciding a print, thanks for adding one more complexity to the existing ones :D

Thanks all for your honest feedback on my prints and also tips to improve. This is the reason why I didn't want to miss this meet :)

Regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks friends for your active participation at the 3rd print review session. Special thanks to Prashanth for coming all the way from Teerthahalli and bringing many prints. Many of which were outstanding. Glad to know that the session was worth all that effort you took, Prashanth.

Vaman Pai works at Coral Art Gallery off of KR Road in Thyagaraja Nagar. His phone number is +91 98458 15534. If he is not reachable, you can contact Rajendra, the owner of the shop at +91 98804 95533.

Thanks Ganesh for the photos.

Look forward to future sessions.

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby G Raghunandan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks a lot dear friends for the opportunity to meet up wonderful people and have some insights on the prints/frame..

Regards
Raghu
G Raghunandan

Postby Adithya Biloor » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi all,

Badly missing the print sharing meets.

I will not miss the next one, hoe it happens in Simha Farms ;) Me and Prashanth are ready to host.

Adithya
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Postby dinesh.ramarao » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:57 am

cnp-print-meet.jpg
cnp-print-meet.jpg (234.33 KiB) Viewed 47866 times
- RD
dinesh.ramarao

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Dear friends,

I can imagine the great learning opportunity n discussion for various print/presentation related things. Thanks to our guest Vaman Pai.
Wish, I could attend these sessions. Is it possible to record n share few videos of important lessons/tips/opinions that can immensely help those who are interested, but cannot attend.

Also glad to see you all together, reminding me of our CNP MEET :)

Warm regards,
Nevil
Nevil Zaveri

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography