facilate the full page image viewing (w/o scroll bars)...

This forum is dedicated for discussions related to features of CNP. All suggestions are welcome!! We may not be able address all of them nevertheless.

Moderators: Madhav Jois, Vikas T R, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N

facilate the full page image viewing (w/o scroll bars)...

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 pm

respected adm. & moderators,

cnp is indeed a wonderful site with the best of creative shots. i wish to see more 'n more ways of seeing simple things in nature.

i personally request to add a facility to view an image without scroll bars and an option for full page view of the max. available size of the image. normally, scroll bar appear with the vertical image and that diminish the overall impact and effect of the image on viewers, when we scroll.

one more thing, it would be better if the viewing counter eliminate the image owner's number of views.

hope you all find my suggestion note worthy.

regards,
nevil zaveri
Nevil Zaveri

Re: facilate the full page image viewing (w/o scroll bars)...

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Nevil, click on the image then it will be displayed in a window without other text, comments etc. Regarding the self visit count issue, this is a known problem in the gallery software. We may send a request to original author of the software to see whether that can be rectified. Till then we may need to bear with this limitation.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:11 pm

respected moderaters,

i tried with clicking the image but that's not what i meant by full screen preview. clicking, simply put a box around the image but as this new window is superseded by the main window, viewing large image without scroll bars is not possible.

i mean to facilate for a FULL PAGE with the WHOLE IMAGE fitted inside without superseding with anything else.

moreover, i think rating should show the CREATIVE/ORIGINALITY and AESTHETIC values, separately. i mean, there should be two separate columns of ratings viz. CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY and AESTHETIC, which will make this rating system more transperant and clear.

thanks for the reply. regards.
nevil zaveri
Nevil Zaveri

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:35 pm

nevilzaveri wrote:respected moderaters,

i tried with clicking the image but that's not what i meant by full screen preview. clicking, simply put a box around the image but as this new window is superseded by the main window, viewing large image without scroll bars is not possible.

i mean to facilate for a FULL PAGE with the WHOLE IMAGE fitted inside without superseding with anything else.

moreover, i think rating should show the CREATIVE/ORIGINALITY and AESTHETIC values, separately. i mean, there should be two separate columns of ratings viz. CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY and AESTHETIC, which will make this rating system more transperant and clear.

thanks for the reply. regards.
nevil zaveri

Dear Nevil,

When you click on the image on some browser it seem to overlay another window and display the image. Try with Mozilla or IE if you are already using Mozilla. Typically whole window should darken and only the image gets displayed (with a border around). See whether that suits your taste.

Coming to rating interface changes, it may not be possible for us to do with the limited time we have. If we choose to do a weighted average it may not be necessary. Personally my rating will be weighted average of creativity/originality and how the image touches my heart. Sometimes images may look creative but may fail to generate any feelings/mood/awe. When we have both, we will have a real winner and we all know that is not easy :)

- Regards,
Ganesh H Shankar.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:53 pm

thank you ganeshji for the prompt reply.

i will try with a different browser for the full page view.

regarding the rating system, i meant to have two seperate columns for the CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY and AESTHETIC to be rated seperately and compulsory (if any, but not any one) just to see which image is more creative or beautiful aesthetically or both, but not the average of both. right now what we have is more like showing average of both and the rating does not always clearly reflect the CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY values.

thank you for everything on and about CNP. regards.
nevil zaveri
Nevil Zaveri

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:57 pm

nevilzaveri wrote:thank you ganeshji for the prompt reply.

i will try with a different browser for the full page view.

regarding the rating system, i meant to have two seperate columns for the CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY and AESTHETIC to be rated seperately and compulsory (if any, but not any one) just to see which image is more creative or beautiful aesthetically or both, but not the average of both. right now what we have is more like showing average of both and the rating does not always clearly reflect the CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY values.

thank you for everything on and about CNP. regards.
nevil zaveri

Dear Nevil,

Creativity definitely comes first and that is (and will be) the basis of CNP but the creativity combined with feeling/mood/awe makes an image a real winner and will be remembered for long. While good ratings make us feel good, the real purpose of the rating is providing a critical feedback on the image. Most of us are not good at providing critical views as words in a constructive open manner. Rating to some extent helps members in providing that feedback. It is important to note that we rate images and not those who made them. Of course we do believe members of CNP reflect their heart in their ratings. At the end, the image in its entirety (creativity/mood/awe/feeling) is what matters than one aspect of it - just my thoughts.

Thanks for your views, your amazing images and participation...

- Regards,
Ganesh H Shankar.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Your Views and Suggestions to Improve CNP