Is this within the realm of fine art nature ?

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Is this within the realm of fine art nature ?

Postby Rajkumar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:56 am

I almost posted in Fine Art section. Then lost my nerve . Hoping that it opens a debate of some kind.

Definitely the main subject is a manmade object. But I saw it as an interpretation of KS Radhakrishnans sculpture to show it in a context of balance with nature.

Any thoughts and comments welcome

ImageBalance by Rajkumar Krishna, on Flick
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Re: Is this within the realm of fine art nature ?

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:24 am

An interesting question Raj! I personally think the visual content does not make the subject of the image but the intent is :) As along as the nature is the first class citizen in the image the visual content does not matter.
The extent to which the nature remains as the subject (not the object) in the frame decides the extent to which the image fits here in CNP - just my take :)

Interestingly the image reminds me of how we have been separating us from the nature! The first thought that comes to my mind is man and nature. We are not part of nature as much as the trees that are there in the frame!! I think this is a much deeper subject to ponder over, may be over a coffee, someday when we meet in person :)
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Is this within the realm of fine art nature ?

Postby Rajkumar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks Ganesh. The intent is definitely nature. This was at NGMA and I had a lovely meeting with the artist as well. Was interesting to understand his thought process for creating these.

Coffee sometime surely :) will ping you.
Wish you a fantastic 2016
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Return to Illustration Forum