Print Exchange Meet

This forum is dedicated for discussions related to features of CNP. All suggestions are welcome!! We may not be able address all of them nevertheless.

Moderators: Madhav Jois, Vikas T R, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N

Print Exchange Meet

Postby Rajkumar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:00 am

Dear Friends,

As discussed during the CNP and later thought will be a good idea to initiate the print exchange program
Objectives
- Review each other's prints
- Issues, problems, techniques in printing

Logistics is to be determined
- Place to meet
- Participation of out of Bangalore CNPians

Any other suggestions, ideas welcome
thanks
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Re: Print Exchange Meet

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:58 am

Raj, this is indeed a very good idea. We may need to find out how to institutionalize it. For those of us who are in Bangalore we can meet once a month(?) if possible on some photo shoot at places like Lalbagh and share prints and thoughts on the prints. We may also circulate them (smaller prints) around? Probably we can ship it and circulate it?

I need to replace my printer. I think Ramesh already got his printer? Nevil has one. I think we are ready to start! I will get mine in the near future. I think many others will slowly join. Probably we as a team can go to Epson/HP together to get better pricing!

I would love to see the subtle differences in the prints made from conventional process vs inkjet prints - another analog vs digital debate :)

When is the first meet? Probably at Lalbagh followed by a visit to MTR for breakfast? You and Ramesh will come with prints. I can bring my old ones. How does that sound?
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 am

Indeed, a great idea and big opportunity for people in/around Bangalore. Collecting small prints of around 12"x18" is good idea. We may circulate them for good purpose like exhibiting in one's own town. Those who got a printer, do share the experience of results at different settings n on different paper. Also let me know if someone gets a dedicated black and white printer.

Regards.
Nevil Zaveri

Postby Rajkumar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi,
Yeah sure. There are a few prints we can start with. Sometime in the second week of November may be. Nov 10 or 11 ?

Nevil - No dedicated B n W printer in sight as of now :) Some testing on Ramesh can comment
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:55 am

Great idea. I'm game for it. But, will need time to settled down with my printer. May be 4-6 weeks more from now.
ramesh_adkoli

Return to Your Views and Suggestions to Improve CNP