Irony of 'Beauty'

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Irony of 'Beauty'

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:24 pm

_DSC2028.jpg
_DSC2028.jpg (738.51 KiB) Viewed 2725 times

_DSC2044.jpg
_DSC2044.jpg (994.29 KiB) Viewed 2725 times

_DSC2004.jpg
_DSC2004.jpg (804.1 KiB) Viewed 2725 times

_DSC2121.jpg
_DSC2121.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2724 times

What is Beauty?

I think this is a meaningless and dangerous question which results in all kinds of opinions. The purpose of this post is not to invite a discussion on that contagious topic!

Coming to how we want to see nature, we want to give it a round and curvy shape to make it more beautiful (again, whatever that means). We want to turn a plant into deer. My assumption being plant as deer is more interesting than seeing deer or a plant as is! Why? I think there is a sense of achievement, of creation, that does not exist either in plant (as is) or in a deer alone. Probably this is the result of our inevitable urge to establish ourself and survive? We carve the trees out to create new lifeforms as carvings. My assumption being, the general perception is those carved trees deserve more attention than the trees itself.

_DSC2037.jpg
_DSC2037.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2725 times

We have this tree in our local park, next to a pathway. No one looks at it, including myself. I am not complaining, however, I honestly find it very interesting. I think it is a complete failure of my intellectual and aesthetic sense for not being able see it deeply, as is and appreciate its beauty! I hope to get over this some day..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: Irony of 'Beauty'

Postby Adithya Biloor » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:38 am

Dear Ganesh,

To me this poses questions about basic human instinct.
Is Human too much afraid of unknown things? Do we try to shape everything to the things to which we can relate easily and get rid of unknown elements? But why should we be fear of those things once we are part of?
Are we so much cut off from the 'nature'?

Or is it an advanced level of 'seeing' which matters only to human? And this is also designed by 'god' ( whatever that means, as you say) ?

Or is it just our failure to 'see' 'beauty' in what and how it is here?

Thanks Ganesh for the thread and making us think.

Adithya
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography