1st Print sharing meet! You are welcome!

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

1st Print sharing meet! You are welcome!

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Friends,

We will be having a few hours of very informal, 1st, print sharing meet this Saturday (1st Dec) morning at Lalbagh, Bangalore. Those who are in Bangalore, you are welcome to join us.

We will assemble at Lalbagh around 6:30am, go on photo walk for an hour then spend an hour going through some prints, challenges of printing them, post processing for printing etc. After that we will go for a self sponsored breakfast :)

Ramesh and Raj will bring their prints. I have not printed recently. I may bring some prints which I made earlier and some paper samples. Papers can be matched with images. Some images look good on some papers. You are welcome to bring prints of your images. We may critique those prints and learn from them.

We will have some collective knowledge sharing and some fun photographing together for an hour.

For those who are not in Bangalore, you are welcome to join us, and have your own CNP meet at your place :)

Looking forward to meet you!
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Re: 1st Print sharing meet! You are welcome!

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:51 am

It's a fantastic thing, but unfortunately I can't be part of this. I would've loved to see Ramesh's IR images and Raj's monochrome images in print. Of course, I have seen some of Ganesh's amazing works in prints. I think just a small session won't give justice to this, a whole day is needed at least.
Is there a way to record those discussions ;) I'll be missing this meet and the mouth watering breakfast at MTR :)

Those who could join this meet please do not miss.

Regards,
Prashanth
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Tharangini B » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 am

This is a really good opportunity. I'll be there. Please let me know where to meet in lalbag. I'll be coming from west gate.

Thanks,
Tharangini
Tharangini B

Postby Madhav Jois » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:45 am

I will be there for this meet.
Best Regards,
Madhav
My Gallery
Madhav Jois
Site Admin

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Tharangini, we will meet near glass house around 6:45am. We will have a photo walk followed by print viewing/discussion and breakfast!

Looking forward to see you all.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks a lot, Ganesh, Raj, Shankar, Tharangini and Madhav for your time. Very insightful observations and discussion while reviewing prints yesterday. I personally had lots to take back and work on in the coming days/months.

We can have this once a quarter. Next one in Feb 2019. Hope to see equally active participation.

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Rajkumar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks all. Yes, plenty of insights. Main one A "Print" is an independent output by itself only a slimly related to the way of photographing and presenting online
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Postby Tharangini B » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Thank you all for the immense amount of knowledge shared. I hope I soaked in enough to build upon it. It was an incredible learning opportunity. Thank you all again and waiting to learn more... :)
Tharangini B

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Friends, Thank you all for the morning meaningfully spent! Yes, Ramesh, once a quarter makes sense.

Looking forward to the next informal meet.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Madhav Jois » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Thank you Ramesh, Ganesh and Raj for a fascinating morning. I learned many new things which will help me while making images. There is so much to learn, its astonishing!

Best Regards,
Madhav
My Gallery
Madhav Jois
Site Admin

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography