CNP images of the year 2020!!

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

CNP images of the year 2020!!

Postby CNP Staff » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Whew!
It was a mammoth task compiling images worthy of IOY and choosing the best of the best, following various criteria like creativity/originality, emotional/visual impact, technicalities and etc. We, team having 7 minds, as many perspectives, arguing and agreeing .. finally, narrowing from 21 nominated images, with pleasure and pride we announce ..

Image of the year 2020
Land of Fireflies by Viraj Ghaisas
image_id: 17687

Highly commended three (not in any order of merit)
Applause by Ramesh Adkoli
image_id: 17107

Swacchand by Mandar Ghumare
image_id: 17753

Scene of violence by Anders Wahlund
image_id: 18031

Our sincere thanks to all the active members for adding new perspectives, insightful comments and words of encouragement to fellow members. We heartily congratulate all the participants and the winners.
Thank you all, once again.
Regards,
CNP Staff
CNP Staff

Re: CNP images of the year 2020!!

Postby Pratik Pradhan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 pm

What an amazing set of pictures for IOY(Image of the year)! surely it must have been very difficult for moderators and they did it rigorously :)
Congratulations Viraj, Mandar, Ramesh & Anders.

Best wishes,
Pratik
Pratik Pradhan

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Beautiful, innovative, creative and intriguing collection!!

Dear Viraj, Mandar, Ramesh & Anders,

CONGRATULATIONS to you all! Very well deserved images.

Dear CNP staff, thank you all for your dedicated effort. Yes, it is not at all an easy task, more so here in CNP where photographers are not in a hurry to press the shutter!!
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Hearty congratulations to the winners.

Many of my fellow photographers look upto the CNP forum for inspiration. Considering the kind of year we had, infact the whole world, we never had any shortage of creative, intriguing and inspiring images. It's heartening to see the participation from the members contributing to the success of this forum. Though there could be few winners, we think this will inspire other members to come up with more creative images.

Best wishes!

Regards
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Anders Wahlund » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:32 am

In my eyes Viraj's' image is a very good choice: - I would say it is fantastic! Viraj shows not only shows us a very interesting phenomenon in the nature, he has also done it in a most beautiful way.
Anders Wahlund

Postby Vageesha AR » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:27 am

Congratulations Viraj, Mandar, Ramesh and Anders. Truly deserved. Keep clicking and sharing.

Thank you Team CNP and congratulations on the completion of the mammoth task of sifting through hundreds of unique images and arriving at this amazing bunch.

I can imagine how taxing rating image after image to reach an exceptional set can be while hundreds of frames nip at your feet. Kudos on the effort.

Vageesha A R
Vageesha AR

Postby Madhav Jois » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am

Congratulations Viraj, Ramesh, Mandar and Anders!

Sincere thanks to all the members of CNP family who breath fresh air with unique creations.
Best Regards,
Madhav
My Gallery
Madhav Jois
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 am

Congratulations! Viraj, Ramesh, Mandar and Anders.

Also thank you all the participants for fresh creations that knowingly / unknowingly inspire us to do the best possible.
My sincere thanks to all the active members for pondering, suggesting, guiding, encouraging, appreciating and also replying posts n queries.

Warm regards.
Nevil Zaveri

Postby dinesh.ramarao » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 am

World class images ...

Congratulations Viraj, Ramesh, Mandar and Anders.

best regards,
-RD
- RD
dinesh.ramarao

Postby prathameshvg » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Hearty Congratulations Viraj, Mandar, Ramesh and Anders ! Your images are a visual treat for the viewer. Very well deserved. Keep up the great work !
https://www.prathameshghadekar.com/
prathameshvg

Postby Ghanshyam Savani » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Congratulations Viraj, Ramesh, Mandar and Anders.
Very well deserved images.
Regards.....
Ghanshyam Savani

Postby ramesh_adkoli » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 pm

This was indeed a surprise and an honor to be amongst this selection. Thanks, CNP Team. Hearty congratulations to Viraj, Mandar and Anders. CNP Forum is being enriched every year by such amazing work.

Regards,
Ramesh
ramesh_adkoli

Postby Shabeer Thurakkal » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:07 pm

what an amazing collection of photographs...unique and creative , the photographs ,which make CNP a special platform...congrats all winners
Shabeer Thurakkal

Postby Vijay Mohan Raj » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:54 pm

Congratulations to all the winners. As usual the CNP images are a class apart.

Wish some took a look at the website design and speed.

regards
VMR
A creative mind is a restless soul...
Vijay Mohan Raj

Postby mandarghumare » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:36 pm

This is big surprise for me, I never thought about this.
Thanks a lot team CNP and all members for your kind words.
Congratulations to Viraj, Ramesh and Anders..
And last but not least thanks to all members who taught me many things and changed my perspective towards Photography.

Thanks and Regards,
Mandar
mandarghumare

Postby Yallappagouda » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:49 am

Congratulations to winners .

It's always a fresh & unique we get to see in CNP... I think judges had very difficulty while choosing the images. Once again I m glad to be a part of this forum ...
Yallappagouda

Postby Viraj Ghaisas » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:21 am

I am immensely grateful to cnp for considering me from image of the month to image of the year this was indeed a great surprise. It's one of the biggest achievement for me. Heartiest congratulations to mandar, anders, ramesh very well deserved! Cnp has always being a big inspiring platform for all of us.
Thanks alot everyone for all your wonderful wishes!
Viraj Ghaisas

Postby Saurabh R. Desai » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:23 am

First of all congratulations to all the winners for creating these amazing photographs, and we also congratulate every one who are posting their images throughout the year.
We as editorial team of CNP had a great time looking at your images and scrutinising some of the best shots; it provides lots of learning opportunities to us as well.

It was really a tough time for most of us selecting the images and we had almost 3 hours long conference calls for two days, all of us were having our own idea about picking up the images for IOY, and sometime our discussion goes on for half an hour discussing only one image.
But it was really a fun game for us, we fight for some images and after making the decisions we laugh upon how we fought for that, but that makes our bonding even stronger.
Every image was selected carefully by each member of the editorial team, and then we voted as per our understanding and then we were on conference call to take the final decision.

We generally discuss every single image makes to the final round. Sometimes the criteria is innovative ideas and sometimes it is the philosophy that takes over the decision, thus we discuss every aspect of the image, likewise the thought process of the photographer, the presentation of the subject, technical brilliance, post processing involved, over all impact of the image on viewers mind and then we derive the final call on the images. The whole process is lot of fun every month while selecting the image of the month but selecting IOY is another level of battle I would say.

So we hope that the decision taken by our team is fare enough considering CNP criteria and thank you so much for posting such amazing images on CNP.

Thank you so much
Saurabh R. Desai

Postby Adithya Biloor » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Heartily Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you all the active members for making our every day special by unique, fresh, innovative images.

I like to share some anecdotes from the editorial team on this special occasion.

Our editorial team headed by Nevil Zaveri is comprised of photographers from different fields, from farmers to engineers to teacher to professional photographer , scattered across India. I being a farmer located in the heart of western Ghats, a place full of forests and mountains. Though as a photographer this is a heaven to me sometimes it has it's other side too, especially when I need to attend the internet call ( for monthly picks and etc). My own set up of antenna, signal booster etc works good for viewing CNP images, but not sufficient for the tasks which requires high speed date ( read 1 MBps as high speed data, that's a really high speed here :) )
Every month I take my car and park near a mobile tower to make sure that I have good signal.

We have seen some exceptional images in 2020 and I had taken my car 10 minutes earlier and was well prepared for a good discussion. The first round lasted around 2.5 hours, we could finalise some images and had to postpone for the final images to another day because of the time constraints. As soon as I finished my call someone(a known guy) knocked the glass and asked " Are you alright? You seemed to be in a heated argument with somebody from the last one hour. You need any help? Don't be shy to ask..." I couldn't explain the situation I was in, and oops, I wish he could help us!!

We thought we could finalise the images in 10-15 minutes in the next round. But, alas, again it went for another hour, The discussion reached a deadlock where we couldn't come to a decision. Agreeing disagreeing to each other's views and some time heated discussions as well. But at the end we were could come to single conscience and we had the winner.

All of us are happy and thankful for being a part of this wonderful forum. Again congratulations to all the winners, Keep inspiring.

Thanks,
Adithya
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:30 am

I wish he could help us!!

Funny! I too wish he could :) Yes, it is not at all an easy task..
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby jayesh joshi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Congratulations Viraj, Ramesh, Mandar and Anders !! Amazing selection by CNP team !! very interesting discussion on behind the scenes :)
jayesh joshi

Postby Vikas T R » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Heartily Congratulations to all the winners and the CNP participants. I personally learning a lot from the images posted in the forum and much more when we discuss on the Image of Month and Image of the year. Every month when we discuss on the selected images, we get to know much more perspective of the images and how each one of us relate to those images.

Its been an honor to be part of the CNP team where such high quality images are posted and discussed in the lenght and breadth.

Thanks
Vikas
"The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity."
-Vikas
PhotoGallery of Vikas
Vikas T R
Site Admin

Postby Raviprakash S S » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi All,

I am sorry, I am late to comment here. I really don't have anything to add. Congratulations Viraj, Ramesh, Mandar, Anders and all the participants, Together we are winners!

Its been a fascinating journey and learning here. It's a privilege to be part of IOM & IOY discussions.

In this forum, Challenging year has not stopped to produce challenging and exciting images. I am more excited for the coming year!

Cheers,
Raviprakash S S
Cheers,
Raviprakash.S.S
http://www.allEYES.in
Raviprakash S S

Postby Anders Wahlund » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:56 am

Of course I like to show what arrived today and to thank you very much!

With my "European eyes" I muss say CNP is different from other photo communities and this in a very positive way. In most forums and websites there are a lot of discussions over gear and camera settings, and then it ends. At CNP instead, the discussion is over the quality of the image and what the image is telling. Much more interesting. And from the inputs one can learn a lot, not only over photography, but also over the nature, art and philosophy.
Attachments
210305AW0393.jpg
210305AW0393.jpg (195.39 KiB) Viewed 16722 times
Anders Wahlund

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:35 am

Dear Anders,

Very happy to see your photo. We can now associate the face behind your name! Congratulations again.

Dear Nevil and team, thanks for making this happen.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Prashanth Sampagar » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:06 pm

Dear Anders,

Thanks for the pic and also for sharing your thoughts. Congratulations once again.

Regards
Prashanth Sampagar

My Insta feed
Prashanth Sampagar

Postby Adithya Biloor » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Dear Anders,

Nice to see the face behind the photographs. For some reasons I had imagined the photographer in formals with a spectacle and a bald head :lol:

Hope to see you in person during our next CNP meet:)

Congrats again,
Adithya
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Postby Madhav Jois » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:45 am

Good to see you Anders, congratulations once again!
Best Regards,
Madhav
My Gallery
Madhav Jois
Site Admin

Postby Nevil Zaveri » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 pm

Indeed, good to see you, Anders. Now it will help us more, relating your images.
Stay happy, stay healthy!
Warm regards.
Nevil Zaveri

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography