Critiquing Images - Expressing our Emotions in Words

This forum is dedicated for discussions on making creative images of nature. Images can be attached too as part of the discussion thread.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Madhav Jois, Raviprakash S S, Vikas T R, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Critiquing Images - Expressing our Emotions in Words

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Having used to writing a cryptic line about images in various nature photography forums writing a few lines here in CNP critique forum is an eye opener for me. Of late, I started enjoying writing couple of lines about an image. We often do justice to the work we enjoy. We enjoy a work if it is challenging. I realized critiquing is challenging and the challenge here for me is expressing my feeling about an image in words. It may even go beyond what the photographer wanted to convey in her/his image - which is OK since we are dealing with human beings and emotions not machines and science. I also think critiquing is the best way to understand ourselves - what compositions impact us, what does not, why an image is not appealing to me, photographer wanted to convey some thing in her/his image am I seeing the same thing ? if not why ? It is a good challenge to write a few words expressing our reaction to the image.

It is helping me learn how my mind sees an image !

Love to know your thoughts...
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Discussions on Creative & Fine Art Nature Photography