CNP Suggestions

This forum is dedicated for discussions related to features of CNP. All suggestions are welcome!! We may not be able address all of them nevertheless.

Moderators: Madhav Jois, Vikas T R, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N

CNP Suggestions

Postby alwans » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:06 pm

CNP Team:

Kudos on this effort and Thanks! for the invite. A couple of suggestions:

a) It would help to navigate across posts if there is a next and a previous link in each post. This way I do not need to return to the landing page for navigating across.

b) I see the Rating value and the comments being two mutually exclusive events - could these two be combined at least for the scenario where user enters a rating and not enter a comment. What am suggesting is there should not be a scenario where I rate an image but not enter a comment. The reason being that the poster would probably be interested in knowing why a specific rating was given and this also saves the reviewer from two separate user actions (Submit).
alwans

Re: CNP Suggestions

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:28 pm

alwans wrote:CNP Team:

Kudos on this effort and Thanks! for the invite. A couple of suggestions:

a) It would help to navigate across posts if there is a next and a previous link in each post. This way I do not need to return to the landing page for navigating across.

b) I see the Rating value and the comments being two mutually exclusive events - could these two be combined at least for the scenario where user enters a rating and not enter a comment. What am suggesting is there should not be a scenario where I rate an image but not enter a comment. The reason being that the poster would probably be interested in knowing why a specific rating was given and this also saves the reviewer from two separate user actions (Submit).

Alwan!

Welcome to CNP family !

a. This is a useful feature but we are skeptic to get this implemented since we rely on a public domain s/w for the gallery implementation.
Modifying this software is a non-trivial task since getting the next/previous link dynamically may need good amount of changes.

b. While this is a valid use case scenario, when the traffic grows it may not be practical to expect a meaningful review feedback for all the
posts by everyone but rating is only a click away :) And those "wow", "I like it" one word comments does not make sense when the poster is genuinly interested our views on how the image could have been improved.

We the CNP staff will try our level best to accommodate/implement features that are within our control or easy to change the public domain
code that we use. If it needs design/complex changes then probably we will pass this request to phpBB/Gallery implementors to consider. If you have computer science background then I think your understand what we mean here.

Thanks for these suggestions. In our team of CNP we do have some of the expertise to make changes but may not be complex ones. We will add this feature request to our want list. No promise on by when this gets implemented however :)
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Your Views and Suggestions to Improve CNP