desert and a wild ass- another composition

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

desert and a wild ass- another composition

Postby Adithya Biloor » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:09 pm

This one is with related to this image.
I wish the ass was a little more prominent and the bush near the ass was absent.
Note- I am facing some calibration issues, can't exactly decide on the blacks in the lower portion.
Attachments
_DSC0589 wild ass .jpg
_DSC0589 wild ass .jpg (100.41 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
Regards,
Adithya Biloor
www.lensandtales.com
Adithya Biloor

Location: Biloor, Nittor -p,Hosanagar-Tq, Shivamogga -Dis, Karnataka,India

Re: desert and a wild ass- another composition

Postby Samyak » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:27 pm

I prefer the previous composition compared to this one.
The blacks here are dominating and the ass is getting lost in there. Also, as you mentioned, the bush also tries hard for the attention as its almost the same size as ass in this vastness.
It can be cloned easily but not sure whether you want to do that.
Samyak

Re: desert and a wild ass- another composition

Postby Nilanjan Das » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Visually this image provides a very different mood than the other one, surely I would prefer an image with this composition much more than the so usual one which you posted earlier. But easier said than done, to pull out a composition like this compared to the previous one is much tougher, specially in the Rann. You have more or less generated the mood, but can you just check if the processing can be improved on this one ? The other one is an assured tested path, nothing can go wrong there, but this one can really offer some challenges and hence the degree of fun is higher too :-).
Nilanjan Das

Return to Illustration Forum