Ghost of the Darkness - Variations

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Ghost of the Darkness - Variations

Postby Vikram Sathyanathan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 am

Ghost in the darkness COLD version.jpg
A cold version as Nilanjan wanted but I did not make any other image with just the tail vanishing off the image. I have intentionally reduced the warmth in this image.
Ghost in the darkness COLD version.jpg (158.88 KiB) Viewed 4484 times

Bera in Rajasthan where I made the image 'Ghost of the Darkness" is one of the best destinations to spot leopards. The interesting fact is that its not a reserve forest or a protected area but rocky outcrops of arid / semi desert habitat spread across a few remote hamlets near the town of Bera, situated between Udaipur and Jodhpur. We had some remarkable sightings but unfortunately most of them were well past dusk.

I have posted some variations of the image "Ghost of the Darkness" , may it will give a feel of the moment that I experienced.

Ghost in the darkness B&W2.jpg
A monochrome version of the same image.
Ghost in the darkness B&W2.jpg (136.56 KiB) Viewed 4484 times

Ghost in the darkness.jpg
This is the original version as posted in the Gallery. The warmth was due the headlights from one of our vehicles.
Ghost in the darkness.jpg (190.09 KiB) Viewed 4484 times

Thanks for your views and welcome your suggestions.

Vikram
Vikram Sathyanathan

Return to Illustration Forum