Spear of Light - Some thoughts

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Spear of Light - Some thoughts

Postby Mahesh Devarajan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Original Image : Here

Originally made this image with 300mm at f/8. Though the output was pleasing was not aligned to what i was thinking.
flower19_1_cnp.jpg
Made with 300mm at f/8
flower19_1_cnp.jpg (108.06 KiB) Viewed 3413 times

So in the second try made the same with 100mm at f/2.8.
flower19_cnp.jpg
Made with 100mm at f/2.8
flower19_cnp.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 3413 times

- The subject though is the same in both the images looks like the mood seems to be drastically affected
by the inclusion or exclusion of the background.
- Though the second image is close to what i was thinking personally liked the background in the first image.
- Careful choice of background in the second attempt might have improved the image further i guess.
- Looks like should have used the DOF button with the 100mm macro to get a better hold on depth of field
Mahesh Devarajan

Re: Spear of Light - Some thoughts

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Agree with you one the quality of the bg of the first image Mahesh. Second image with similar bg as first would have added a lot to the image.
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Return to Illustration Forum