Another Possibility of the Rim Light Image ??

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Another Possibility of the Rim Light Image ??

Postby Nilanjan Das » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 am

rim light.jpg
rim light.jpg (39.9 KiB) Viewed 3553 times

Cropped to create a mirror image pattern
image_id: 5037
Nilanjan Das

Re: Another Possibility of the Rim Light Image ??

Postby sandipan dutta » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

Nilanjan da,
This is a much improved version IMO. In my version, the effect of rim light is the only compositional strength but the shape of the antler is quite obvious to the viewer. Whereas your cropped version evokes a mysterious feel by rendering two symmetrical graphical shapes. Thanks for taking your time to reprocess it and the enlightenment of course :-)
sandipan dutta

Re: Another Possibility of the Rim Light Image ??

Postby Nilanjan Das » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Dear Sandipan

I am so glad that you liked this version too. light and shapes both the aspects were present in the image but I felt something was amiss, as rightly pointed out by Ganesh that had the two antlers originated from the same point then it would have looked amazing but that is never possible. It is then I noticed that there exists a similar pattern and the space too could be utilized in a very interesting manner. Just little changes made bring out lot of difference at times. Utilizing the pattern and negative space in the middle along with such lovely rim light made this image so beautiful. I would love to hear the thoughts of the fellow members of the forum on this as well.
Nilanjan Das

Return to Illustration Forum