Need Feedback

We often suggest changes to posted images. If we want to take some time to illustrate the changes then users can post and discuss the the changed image here. PLEASE TAKE CONSENT FROM THE POSTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/EDIT OtHERS' IMAGES. Please keep files sizes small - preferablly less than 650pixels on longer side.

Moderators: Prashanth Sampagar, Raviprakash S S, Adithya Biloor, Nevil Zaveri, Aniket R Thopate, Adithya U N, Sarthak Agrawal

Need Feedback

Postby Rajkumar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi All,
Not posting it in the main forum since it is a arrangement. But I still feel it is connected to nature and a study on variation and probability in Nature.
I shot this as " Game of Chance" ( Can move it to forum if Admin permits :) )

Does it work ? Any impressions. May be it is too simplistic. Honest opinion WC

Game of Chance by Raj:Looking Glass, on Flickr
Art is about what is inside rather than what is outside
Rajkumar

Re: Need Feedback

Postby nirlep » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Raj,
It sounds and looks interesting. Some more words on the game of chance..what does it depict exactly..
Thanks for sharing
nirlep

Postby Rajkumar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks Nirlep.
In recent times I have thinking about how perfection in Nature means each specimen is unique and in contrast how perfection for manmade objects is exact replication
So the chess board represents
- How humans like to box everything and develop a pattern
- Also the limited number options we can see as connections/variations / options

The shells

- All about nature creating a unique piece every time and each one being perfect

May it does not convey this but that was my thought

Regards
Rajkumar
Rajkumar

Postby Ganesh H Shankar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:13 am

I agree with your thoughts Raj, however the image as such appears like a graphic than a photo. Your thoughts ?
Ganesh H. Shankar
Wishing you best light,

Fine Art Nature Photography
Ganesh H Shankar
Site Admin

Postby Nilanjan Das » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 am

Nice thoughts there Raj, but the problem which originates from the term Nature Photography is " Nature without human intervention ". Human co-existence is a natural aspect, for example let us consider Nirlep's recent image of the rickshaw in Bharatpur, the image so nicely depicts the co-existence of nature with nature lovers, the rickshaw was not intentionally placed to make an image of the co-existence. The rickshaws in Bharatpur have become an integral part of the scape there. But here I felt the selection of the shells, placing them in a chess board, are some how falling short of connecting the image as a nature image. It is undoubtedly an interesting image and your words are very apt. This to me is more of a pictorial image, than a nature image. My thoughts though.
Nilanjan Das

Postby nirlep » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi Raj,
Apart from the fact that the image is arranged the question it raises is profound. A wonderful anagram this. Discussion/illustration forum is an apt place for this. J Krishnamurti loved the concept of deep ecology where nature grows by its own will and order as against manicured nature which is boxed into chessboard squares shown in your anagram. I find reflections of deep ecology in RDs art of clutter. More ramifications come to mind....ruminating thus....
nirlep

Postby Rajkumar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 am

Thank you Nirlep, Nilanjan, Ganesh for taking time. I agree this is another genre altogether.
@ Ganesh- In some sense yes to Graphic. Almost lacks 3 D depth
Will continue to experiment on this theme
thanks for the help
Rajkumar

Return to Illustration Forum